|William Guy Wall, c. 1819 The New-York Historical Society|
Historic Hudson, which has advocated for the site since 1997, has undertaken the task of stabilizing and restoring the house--a project that began in 2008 and is ongoing.
The public is invited to visit the house that inspires such awe and devotion next Saturday and Sunday, June 20 and 21. The house will be open for visitation each day from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Enter the grounds from 53 Worth Avenue and follow the road west to the red barns and then north to the house.
COPYRIGHT 2015 CAROLE OSTERINK