- On Monday, March 18, GAR Associates and city assessor Justin Maxwell will hold an informational meeting to answer questions and provide assistance to property owners who wish to challenge their assessments. The meeting is intended for property owners who don't use computers and cannot access the instructional information available online and for those who are not fluent in English. Bengali and Spanish interpreters will be present. The meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. at the Central Fire Station, 77 North Seventh Street.
- On Tuesday, March 19, the Common Council Finance Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, followed by the regular monthly meeting of the Common Council at 7:00 p.m. On the agenda for the Council meeting is a resolution "supporting universal rent stabilization and control" and advocating for the passage of the following bills now before the state legislature, all having to do with tenants' rights: S2845/A4349, S185/A2351, S2591/A1198, and S2892/A5030.
- On Wednesday, March 20, the vernal equinox occurs at 5:58 p.m. Meanwhile, the Common Council Public Works and Parks Committee meets at 5:15 p.m. at City Hall, followed by the monthly meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals at 6:00 p.m. No agenda is available for either meeting.
Update: The Public Works and Parks Committee meeting was been canceled. Anyone planning to attend can instead celebrate the vernal equinox and the beginning of spring.
- Wednesday, March 20, is also the last day to request an appointment to challenge your assessment. To do so, call 1-866-910-1776.
- On Thursday, March 21, the Common Council Economic Development Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. in City Hall. No agenda is as yet available for this meeting.
- On Friday, March 22, the Historic Preservation Commission holds its second meeting of the month at 10:00 a.m. at City Hall.