With the Fourth of July behind us, summer has officially and unofficially begun. In this first official and unofficial week of summer, here's what is happening in Hudson.
- On Tuesday, July 5, the Housing Trust Fund Board meets at 5:00 p.m. The meeting will take place virtually. Click here to join.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 5, the Conservation Advisory Council holds its regular monthly meeting. The meeting will take place virtually. Click here to join.
- On Wednesday, July 6, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency (IDA) meets at 4:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting can be found here. The discussion of evaluation criteria and a process for negotiating community benefits agreements is expected to continue. The meeting will be a hybrid--talking place in person at 1 City Centre, Suite 301, and on Zoom. Click here to join remotely.
- From 5:00 p.m. until sunset on Wednesday, July 5, it is Waterfront Wednesdays at Henry Hudson Riverfront Park. Starting at 5:15 p.m., there is the Ujima Drum Circle. From 6:30 p.m. to 7:00, there is an Operation Unite Awards Ceremony. At 7:00 p.m., The Hudson Eye presents an artist-driven program throughout the park, focusing on dance, music, performance, and visual art and featuring such renowned and emerging artists as Kris Perry, Jeremy Kristin Bullis, Hala Shah, Nadia Khayrallah, Isaiah João, and the alumni of The Hudson Eye's AIRs Residency Program. The program marks the final exhibition date for Kris Perry's monumental sculpture Back to the Land, which has been installed for the past year on the lawn beside the Dunn warehouse.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 6, the Common Council Legal Committee holds its regular monthly meeting. No agenda for the meeting has yet been published. The meeting will be a hybrid--taking place at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join remotely.
- On Thursday, July 7, at 6:00 p.m., there is a public hearing to receive comments on the City of Hudson's community development needs and to discuss the possible submission of one or more Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) applications. The hearing will be a hybrid--taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- On Friday, July 8, the Historic Preservation Commission holds the first of two regular monthly meetings at 10:00 a.m. The meeting takes place virtually. Click here to join.