We are officially a month into summer, a designated number of parking spaces on Warren and upper Columbia streets have been converted into outdoor dining areas, and this is what is happening in Hudson.
- On Monday, July 18, the Hudson Housing Authority Board of Commissioners meets at 6:00 p.m. This will be the first meeting since Jeffrey Dodson has taken over as executive director of HHA. The meeting will be a hybrid—taking place in person in the Community Room at Bliss Towers, 41 North Second Street, and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- On Tuesday, July 19, the Common Council holds its regular monthly meeting at 6:00 p.m. So far, there is not much of note on the agenda except the local law amending the ward boundaries. Because the amendments require a mandatory referendum, the law needs to be enacted before August 8 for the issue to get on the ballot in November. Click here for a presentation that explains what the proposed changes are and why and how they were arrived at. The meeting is a hybrid—taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- Also on Tuesday, July 19, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., there is an opportunity to meet 19th District congressional candidate Jamie Cheney. The event, hosted by Amber Harris, Christine Jones, Keith Kanaga, and Rich Volo, takes place at Feast & Floret, 13 South Third Street. To attend, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Wednesday, July 20, Waterfront Wednesdays happens from 5:00 p.m. until sunset. This week, the Hudson Sloop Club offers fishing opportunities, and the schooner Apollonia will provide free sails every hour on the hour between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. At 5:30 p.m., there is the Ujima Drum Circle, and at 7:00 p.m., Basilica Hudson presents Being Sound + Friends, "a live electronic set rooted in the origins of ritual, layering a variety of sound sources (live, recorded, acoustic, electronic) and exploring the depths of bass sound as a full-body feeling." The performance is inspired by bass music, techno, trap, dub, and minimalism and accompanied by Sondra Loring (dance artist and musician) and O Zotique (music artist).
- Also on Wednesday, July 20, the Zoning Board of Appeals is scheduled to meet at 6:00 p.m. The meeting takes place in person only at City Hall.
- On Friday, July 22, the Historic Preservation Commission holds its second meeting of the month at 10:00 a.m. The meeting will be virtual. Click here to join the meeting remotely.