On Thursday, August 30, at 6 p.m., at Stuyvesant Town Hall, the New York State Department of Transportation will be collecting input from local residents about seven alternatives being considered by DOT in the matter of the problematic Ferry Road crossing over the CSX tracks:
- The "No Build" alternative will not provide any improvement to the existing conditions and will not improve safety.
- Traffic signal interconnected with the crossing gates at intersection of Route 9J and Ferry Road.
- Minor realignment of Route 9J to increase storage between the intersection and the crossing.
- Major realignment of Route 9J to increase storage between the intersection and the crossing and eliminate nonstandard horizontal curves.
- A grade separation carrying Ferry Road over the railroad.
- Closure of Ferry Road crossing and construction of a connector road between Ferry Road and Ice House Road.
- Closure of Ferry Road and acquisition of the properties west of the tracks.
More information about the situation and the threat to the historic buildings on Ferry Road is available at saveferryroad.com.