Sunday, May 22, 2011

LWRP to Be Released Tomorrow

This morning, after Gossips leaked excerpts of the LWRP yesterday, Common Council President Don Moore issued this statement, emailing it to Gossips, as well as to Debora Gilbert of Columbia Paper and Jamie Larson of the Register-Star:
I have reflected on my decision to hold the LWRP for release later in the week. I have consulted with Aldermen, listened to questions raised by the public and the press, obtained additional information on public access to our LWRP and GEIS and concluded that my decision to not immediately release the documents, however well-intentioned, was wrong.  So, the LWRP in its entirety will be released and available on-line at the City of Hudson website on Monday morning at 10 AM. I do hope that everyone will respect that just like the public, the Aldermen must devote a good deal of their time to reviewing and absorbing these documents. Also, scheduling conflicts have delayed the date of the Special Common Council meeting.  As soon as I have a firm date, I will let everyone know. 

Don Moore, Common Council President, May 22, 2011

1 comment:

  1. I understand the original intent but this is a wise decision.

    Thank You Don

    ReplyDelete