- On Monday, August 1, the Housing Trust Fund Board meets at 6:00 p.m. The board is made up of Hudson Housing Authority executive director Jeffrey Dodson and Common Council president Tom DePietro, serving ex officio, along with Angellic Innamorato, Rebecca Wolff, Usha Berlin, Dustin Duncan, and Nick Zachos. The meeting is in person only, and presumably it takes place at City Hall.
- On Tuesday, August 2, Mayor Kamal Johnson holds a public hearing on the local law amending the ward boundaries and the local law regarding videoconferencing. The hearing takes place at 3:00 p.m. in person at City Hall. The law amending the ward boundaries is subject to a mandatory referendum, and it must be enacted before August 8 for the issue to get on the ballot in November.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 2, the Conservation Advisory Council holds its monthly meeting. No agenda for the meeting has yet been made available. The meeting takes place virtually. Click here to join remotely.
- On Wednesday, August 3, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency (IDA) meets at 4:00 p.m. No agenda for the meeting is yet available. The meeting is a hybrid--taking place in person at 1 City Centre, Suite 301, and on Zoom. Click here to join remotely.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 3, the Common Council Legal Committee holds its monthly meeting. It is expected that at this meeting the Legal Committee will consider a number of revisions to local laws suggested by Crystal Peck, counsel to the Council. The meeting is a hybrid--taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- Also on Wednesday, August 3, Waterfront Wednesdays happens from 5 p.m. until sunset. Again this week, the sloop Clearwater will be offering programming at the dock, and there will be free sails on the schooner Apollonia at 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00 p.m. This week, the Takeover Event, which begins at 7:00 p.m., is hosted by PS21 and features a dance with the Mark Morris Dance Group. "Share in the genius of Mark Morris in this fun and engaging class that introduces you to choreography from Water. Each class begins with an easy-to-follow warm-up, followed by excerpts and insights of select dances, taught by MMDG company members and accompanied by live music." After this, Mike Mosby will DJ an all-inclusive dance party.
|Photo: Richard Wallace | Facebook|
- On Thursday, August 4, the newly formed Common Council ad hoc committee tasked with pursuing the issue of getting trucks off our city streets will hold its first meeting at 6:00 p.m. Nine people have been appointed to this committee: five councilmembers (Margaret Morris, Dewan Sarowar, Mohammed Rony, Amber Harris, Ryan Wallace), two county supervisors (Abdus Miah and Linda Mussmann), one member of the public (Donna Streitz from Our Hudson Waterfront), and Mayor Kamal Johnson. The meeting is a hybrid--taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.