Ever since the City of Hudson adopted its preservation ordinance back in 2003, there has been talk of the City becoming a Certified Local Government (CLG), and it seems there is finally the commitment to make it happen. The benefits of being a GLC include:
- Ongoing, focused support from the state historic preservation office (SHPO);
- Technical preservation assistance and legal advice;
- Direct involvement in SHPO programs, such as identifying properties that may be eligible for listing in the State and National Registers of Historic Places;
- Training opportunities that increase the ability of communities to protect their historic resources and integrate them into short- and long-term planning initiatives;
- Grants designated exclusively for CLG projects; and
- Membership in statewide and national CLG networks.
In addition to that presentation, the HPC will be continuing its review of restoration proposals for 717 Columbia Street and 106-108 Union Street and the proposal to add an elevator shaft to 501 Union Street.
The HPC meeting takes place virtually. Click here to join the meeting.
COPYRIGHT 2022 CAROLE OSTERINK