- On Monday, August 8, the Common Council holds a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. Four items will be considered at the meeting, among them authorizing the mayor to enter into a contract with the NYS Department of State for a $67,500 grant in the Smart Growth Comprehensive Planning Grant Program and approving a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Hudson Business Coalition for Warren Street Shared Usage 2022. The meeting is a hybrid--taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join remotely.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Monday, August 8, the Council holds its informal meeting for the month. So far, there is not much of interest on the agenda, but that will no doubt change. The meeting will be a hybrid--taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join remotely.
- On Tuesday, August 9, Hudson Community Development and Planning Agency (HCDPA) meets at noon. At the last meeting of HCDPA, attorney Christine Chale reported that an agreement had been drafted for the Hudson Housing Authority (HHA) to purchase property owned by HCDPA. That agreement is expected to be discussed at this meeting. The meeting will take place virtually. Click here to join.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 9, the Planning Board holds its regular monthly meeting. No agenda for the meeting is yet available, but it is likely the board will once again take up its review of the hotel proposed by the Galvan Foundation for the corner of Warren and Fourth streets and begin its review of Galvan's plans for the former Community Theatre at Columbia and Seventh streets. The meeting will take place virtually. Click here to join the meeting.
- On Wednesday, August 10, the Common Council Legal Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. It is expected that at this meeting the Legal Committee will consider a number of revisions to local laws suggested by Crystal Peck, counsel to the Council. The meeting is a hybrid--taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- Also on Wednesday, August 10, Waterfront Wednesdays takes place from 5:30 p.m. until sunset at Henry Hudson Riverfront Park. This week, in addition to such regular On Water offerings as the schooner Apollonia, fishing, and trips to the Hudson-Athens Lighthouse, the event features the Bindlestiff Family Circus, at 7:00 p.m., and the band Pocket Merchant, at 8:00 p.m.
- On Thursday, August 11, at 6:00 p.m., the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation holds a virtual public information meeting to discuss improvements to the Hudson Boat Launch. Participation in the meeting requires that you preregister at http://forms.office.com/g/d9jvAFrXv no later than Wednesday, August 10.
- On Friday, August 12, the Historic Preservation Commission holds its first meeting of the month at 10:00 a.m. The meeting takes place virtually. Click here to join the meeting.
COPYRIGHT 2022 CAROLE OSTERINK