Friday, June 21, 2013

Mayor Vetoes Chicken Law

In a letter dated June 21, 2013, and filed this morning with the city clerk, Mayor William Hallenbeck vetoed the chicken law passed by the Common Council on Tuesday, June 18. The letter explains what he believes are seven shortcomings of the law and concludes: 
To me the law needs more consideration, thought, and dialog on many sections that honestly were either left out, or not presented with enough detail. Therefore I have vetoed proposed Local Law #6 2013. I respectfully request the Common Council to review the law in its entirety and determine if the Council wishes to resubmit the current Local Law #6 2013 for Council vote.
I have noticed a public hearing on this law for Friday, June 28, 2013, at 4:00 PM in City Hall. I look forward to hearing comments from the public at that time and may transmit additional comments following the hearing to the Common Council for its July meeting.

1 comment: