The original New Studio, designed by Cole, was built in 1846, and it was demolished in 1973. The New Studio--a replica of the original--has been reconstructed on the original footprint.
The schedule for the events at the Thomas Cole House are as follows:
11 a.m. Refreshments, live music, and free admission to the Main House
12 p.m. Ribbon cutting ceremony for the opening of Thomas Cole's New Studio
2 p.m. Curator's Talk with Annette BlaugrundThe public conversation about North Bay, which will take place near the corner of North Front and Dock streets, begins at 1 p.m.
COPYRIGHT 2016 CAROLE OSTERINK