Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Morning After Reconnoiter

Shortly before 7 a.m., Gossips headed down to the waterfront to see the effects of Frankenstorm. 

Finding the crossing over the railroad tracks blocked, I headed to the other side of town to have a look at the Furgary Boat Club, where I found the entire area flooded and the cabins standing in water.




From North Bay, I headed to Promenade Hill to have a look at the situation at the boat launch from above.







On Promenade Hill, I met someone who told me that a woman who lives in the Hudson Terrace building that appears at the far right of the picture above reported that, in the night, the water reached halfway up the bluff below her house. That might be a bit of an exaggeration since, if that had happened, the entire area around the train station would also have been flooded, and there was no evidence of that.

Heading back home, it occurred to me that these vehicles parked on the approach to the Ferry Street Bridge probably belonged to members of the Hudson Power Boat Association who had walked across the bridge to check out conditions at their clubhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment