The Hudson Daily Evening Register for October 30, 1889, which provided word on the progress of St. John's Hall, also yielded an account of a bold and enterprising incendiary who seems to have started his career right here in Hudson.
The "Dr. Wardell building," where Abram Rubenstein (a.k.a. Andrew Black, Morris J. Gross, and Isaac Maretzsky) set up shop in Hudson, is this building at 1 Warren Street, which at one time had storefronts facing South Front Street.
COPYRIGHT 2016 CAROLE OSTERINK