Sunday, September 20, 2020

New Life for an Old Cement Plant

Gossips posted about this in 2011 and 2012, but every time a new article about it comes to my attention, I feel compelled to provide a link to it. What architect Ricardo Bofill has done with an abandoned cement plant outside Barcelona is remarkable and awe inspiring and makes one wish that someone with great vision and wealth would do something similar with any of the several abandoned cement plants in the Hudson Valley: "Brilliant architect turns abandoned cement factory into a breathtaking home, take a look inside." 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Too bad I don't do planes for the moment. I would invite myself right over! In other news, the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen are Butchart Gardens, on Victoria Island in British Columbia. Guess what the original use was there? Yes, you guessed it, a rock quarry. Hmn. You know, give Greenport another hundred years, and it might morph into the most beautiful town in Columbia County, which itself is the most beautiful county in the state of New York. NO, sorry New York, you will not become the most beautiful state no matter how hard you try. That honor belongs to Utah and its red rock country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't love anything more. Keep posting every year. Some day!!

    ReplyDelete