Thursday, September 24, 2020

The Mayor Responds

On his Facebook page this evening, Mayor Kamal Johnson commented on the "Hudson Breathes Act" proposed yesterday at the Common Council Legal Committee meeting by the Hudson/Catskill Housing Coalition:
I have now had time to review the legislation presented at last nights legal committee meeting regarding police reform. Many of the reforms are taken out of my Executive Order issued months ago.
Hudson Police and my Police Advisory and Reconciliation Committee have been working around the clock on reforms that are beneficial to our community and the department. We will act swiftly and diligently with our reforms but also include the concerns of our city in it's entirety including our officers and elected officials.
Safety is a high priority of my administration. I have great respect for community members who engage in the governmental process. I will review the legislation further and have more to say at the special meeting next week. There are no sides Stand With Hudson.

1 comment: