Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Life in the Digital Age

MICROPOLITAN DIARY
Dear Diary,
I went to pay my phone bill today online. After I had dutifully typed on my user ID and password, a secret question was posed. I typed in what I thought was my answer and was told it was incorrect. I was then given the option of changing my password, which I accepted. After receiving and submitting a temporary password, I was back at the secret question--a different one this time--and again I got my answer wrong. This went on for a bit until I finally got to the point where I could create a new password. Annoyed, I typed in "IhateVerizon." I was told the password needed both a letter and a number, so I added "2much." My password was rejected with the message: "Do not use a password that can be easily guessed."
"Micropolitan Diary" is Gossips' homage to and blatant imitation of "Metropolitan Diary" in the New York Times. The term micropolitan was coined (by Gossips) because Hudson is a metropolis in microcosm. 
COPYRIGHT 2021 CAROLE OSTERINK

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I am almost certain that Verizon is run by Mr. Evil.
    BHuston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, Carole. An apt homage indeed!

    ReplyDelete