There are some interesting things happening this week. Unfortunately, there is also more rain in the forecast.
- On Monday, July 19, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency (IDA) holds a special meeting at 1:00 p.m. in Suite 301 at One City Centre. The purpose of the meeting is "to discuss options for PILOT review procedures." It should be noted that the only PILOT applications before the IDA at this time are those for 75 North Seventh Street and 708 State Street, the two apartment buildings being proposed by the Galvan Initiatives Foundation.
- On Tuesday, July 20, the Common Council ad hoc committee working to draft legislation to ensure the replacement, uniformity, and ongoing repair of sidewalks throughout the city meets at 5:30 p.m. The meeting takes place at City Hall, 520 Warren Street. It has been more than two years since an up-to-date draft of the law has been made public. There is always the chance that such a draft may be presented at this meeting.
- At 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20, the Common Council holds its regular monthly meeting in the Council Chamber at City Hall. On the agenda for the meeting is a resolution to sell a parcel of land that was once the western end of Montgomery Street.
- On Wednesday, July 21, the Hudson IDA holds another special meeting. The meeting takes place at 1:00 p.m. in Suite 301 at One City Centre. The purpose of this meeting is "to discuss the Galvan's Foundation's [sic] 75 North 7th Street and 708 State Street projects." It is very likely that at this meeting the IDA will schedule a public hearing on these projects.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 21, the subcommittee of the Hudson Housing Authority Board of Commissioners holds its weekly meeting. The meeting will take place in the Community Room of Bliss Towers, 41 North Second Street. The city website indicates that the meeting can be accessed on Zoom, but that was not true for last week's regular monthly meeting of the Board of Commissioners and will likely not be true for this meeting either. The topic of discussion will probably be the draft RFQ for the redevelopment of HHA properties.
- Also at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 21, the Zoning Board of Appeals holds its regular monthly meeting. The meeting will take place at City Hall. No agenda for the meeting has yet been made available.
- From 5:30 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, July 21, Hudson Hall launches the upcoming 25th anniversary of Winter Walk at Waterfront Wednesdays. Winter Walk Makes a Summer Splash! celebrates twenty-five years of Winter Walk and "honors the diversity, ingenuity, and perseverance of Hudson's unique creative community."
Here's the schedule for the evening:
5:30 p.m. "Winter Walk's Comin' to Town" processional, led by Sax O'Claus and Perfect Ten Elves, steps off from Warren and Third streets and proceeds to Henry Hudson Riverfront Park
5:30 p.m. Kuumba Dance and Drum Circle
7:00 p.m. Hudson Valley Academy of the Performing Arts dances segments from The Nutcracker Suite
8:00 p.m. The Jeanne O'Connor Jazz Quintet
9:00 p.m. Fireworks!
- On Friday, July 23, the Historic Preservation Commission holds its second meeting of the month at 10:00 a.m. The meeting will take place at City Hall. No agenda for the meeting has as yet been made available.
COPYRIGHT 2021 CAROLE OSTERINK