For close to thirty years, this house--actually two houses--on Allen Street, covered with vinyl siding and studded with satellite dishes, was part of Phil Gellert's "Northern Empire."
|Photo: Julie Metz|
In January 2021, the new owners presented their plans for the restoration of the building to the Historic Preservation Commission, providing two possible color schemes for paint even though the HPC does not opine on paint colors.
The houses, constructed in 1850, are now listed in the NYS & National Registers of Historic Places, and their restoration is being supported by state and federal historic rehabilitation tax credits.
COPYRIGHT 2O21 CAROLE OSTERINK