Typically, this list includes only meetings and events that take place here in Hudson. This week, however, the public hearings on the findings of the House January 6 Committee are included.
- On Monday, June 13, the House January 6 Committee public hearing takes place at 10:00 a.m. According to USA Today, recounting statements made by Representative Liz Cheney at the hearing last Thursday, this hearing "will focus on the fact former President Donald Trump knew he had lost the election, but despite that, he engaged in a 'massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information.'"
- At 6:00 p.m. on Monday, June 13, the Common Council holds its informal meeting. Among the communications to be received at this meeting is a letter from Our Hudson Waterfront and The Valley Alliance inquiring about the status of the truck study. The letter makes reference to an update to be presented by the mayor's office "at an upcoming Common Council meeting." If this promised presentation will take place at this Council meeting is not known.
The meeting will be a hybrid--taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- On Tuesday, June 14, Hudson Community Development and Planning Agency (HCDPA) holds its regular monthly meeting at noon. The agenda for the meeting has not yet been published, but it is likely to include the continuation of the discussion about allowing the Hudson Housing Authority to include HCDPA properties in its RFP for new development. The meeting takes place virtually. Click here to join.
- At 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 14, the mayor holds a public hearing on the proposed local law that would amend the schedule for revising the ward boundaries in response to the decennial census. The hearing takes place in person at City Hall.
- Also on Tuesday, June 14, the Planning Board meets at 6:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting, which can be found here, includes a public hearing on the Galvan Foundation's proposal to create a hotel at the corner of Warren and North Fourth streets. The meeting takes place virtually. Click here to join.
- On Wednesday, June 15, the House January 6 Committee public hearing takes place at 10:00 a.m. According to USA Today, recounting statements made by Cheney, at this hearing "viewers will learn that senior leadership in the Department of Justice and White House threatened to resign, confronting Trump in the Oval Office."
- At 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 15, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency (IDA) holds two public hearings: one having to do with a proposal to permit the continued use of videoconferencing; the other regarding financial benefits sought by Hudson Food Ventures to create a food processing plant on Dock Street at the site of the former Towne & Country. The meeting is a hybrid—taking place in person at 1 City Centre, Suite 301, and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- Also on Wednesday, June 15, the Zoning Board of Appeals holds its regular monthly meeting at 6:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is not yet available. The meeting takes place in person only at City Hall.
- On Thursday, June 16, the House January 6 Committee public hearing takes place at 1:00 p.m. According the USA Today, recounting Cheney, this hearing "will revolve around the former president's efforts to 'pressure' former Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election."