Sometime today, the Columbia County Department of Health posted some new information on its website: https://www.columbiacountynyhealth.com/news/new-covid-19-vaccine-information/. Under the head "Vaccine Appointments and PODs," this statement is made:
- This week, January 24, 2021, to January 31, 2021, CCDOH was sent only 200 doses of vaccine and directed that 100 doses go to 65+ people and 100 doses to 1B Essential Workers.
Under the head "People 65+," CCDOH provides this information:
- NYS has directed the CCDOH CAN NOT provide vaccine to people 65+ unless they (NYS) send vaccine doses designed specifically for people 65+.
- CCDOH will continue to provide COVID vaccine to 65+ people, but can only do this when directed by NYS. We have no control over how much or when they will do this.
Also, for those dutifully checking the CCDOH website regularly for available appointments, this information was provided:
- Until there is an adequate supply of vaccine provided on a weekly basis, there will be NO LINK on the CCDOH website for POD appointments registration for the general public. This may continue for 4 weeks or more.
- CCDOH will continue posting appointment registration links on our website when the weekly supply of vaccine allows us to do to.
COPYRIGHT 2021 CAROLE OSTERINK
Post a Comment