I posted this on my Facebook page this morning (borrowing it from "Happy Living").
- On Monday, March 8, the Tourism Board holds a special meeting at 5:00 p.m. Click here to access to Zoom meeting.
- Also on Monday, March 8, the Common Council holds its informal meeting at 6:00 p.m. After the marathon meeting that went on for close to four hours last month, the informal meeting is starting an hour earlier. It is not known if the format of the meeting has changed, or if we are in for another three or more hours. The link to the Zoom meeting should be published on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting. Scroll down to the calendar.
- On Tuesday, March 9, the Hudson Community Development and Planning Agency (HDCPA) meets at 10:30 a.m. The agenda for the meeting can be found here. The link to the Zoom meeting has not yet been published but should appear on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting. Scroll down to the calendar.
- Also on Tuesday, March 9, the Planning Board meets at 6:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting, which can be found here, includes the continuation of the public hearing on the installation of wireless communications equipment on Providence Hall, 119 Columbia Street, and the commencement of the public hearing on 75 North Seventh Street and 708 State Street, the "Depot District." The agenda indicates that there is to be a special meeting on March 23 to take up the Colarusso applications. Under "New Business" for Tuesday's meeting is an application to demolish 30 Prospect Avenue, the building that was once Eden Park Nursing Home and is now the administrative services building for Columbia Memorial Health, and "construct a parking lot on the site." Back in 2016, Gossips reported that the plan was to build not a parking lot but a parking garage with an enclosed walkway over Prospect Avenue. It will be interesting to learn what, five years later, is actually being proposed. Click here to access the Zoom meeting.
- On Wednesday, March 10, the Hudson Housing Authority holds its regular monthly meeting at 6:00 p.m. Click here to access the Zoom meeting.
- On Friday, March 12, the Historic Preservation Commission meets at 10:00 a.m. Although the calendar doesn't indicate this, it was decided at the HPC's February 12 meeting that there would be a public hearing on the plans for the restoration of 59 Allen Street, the long neglected Charles Alger House. Gossips will seek confirmation of the public hearing. Whether or not there is a public hearing, click here to access the Zoom meeting.
- On Sunday, March 14, at 2:00 a.m., we SPRING AHEAD. Remember to set your clocks ahead one hour.