Friday, March 5, 2021

Another Hat in the Ring

Photo: Facebook
Earlier today, Rebecca Borrer announced, on her Facebook page, her run for alderman in the Fifth Ward. Borrer is another candidate who has been endorsed by the Working Families Party. Her statement follows:
Hello my dear friends. I am very excited to announce my run for Alderman in the 5th Ward of Hudson, NY. I am currently on the Board of the Hudson Housing Authority and am acting Secretary of the Planning Board as well as the Historic Preservation Commission. To me the most exciting thing in the world is to create a truly equitable City, where the needs of our residents are at the forefront. Affordable housing, youth services + support, and environmental sustainability in the face of climate crisis are of the utmost importance to me. My approach to local government is through daily activism, creative ideas, and lots of on-the-ground work to make it happen. I love the City of Hudson and if elected I will have voting power to ensure our City Government centers the needs of our residents.
I am endorsed by the Working Families Party and am currently petitioning to be on the Democratic ticket. I love to talk about this City so please contact me with any comments or concerns. I also would like to "go live" and answer any questions you might have about many of the projects happening (there are lots of exciting, interesting, and multifaceted projects in the works).
Thank you very much for reading, It would be an honor to represent my neighbors. I will not be taking any donations, but other forms of support are so welcome. There is a space for all of us in creating a truly transformative future and now is the best time to get involved! Let me know if you are interested in being a part of this movement here in the City of Hudson, NY!

No comments:

Post a Comment