Wednesday, August 26, 2015

News from the Street

With what has got to be the most beautiful press release Gossips has ever received, Colin Stair announced today that he has purchased 551 Warren Street.


The text of the press release reads:
It is with great pleasure that I share the news that I have recently purchased the building at 551 Warren Street adjacent to my business, Stair Galleries. I am very excited to be part of the continuing growth and evolution of Hudson, where I have been part of the business community for over twenty-five years. The strong friendships and business relationships I have formed in Hudson have helped Stair Galleries to flourish. My family put down roots in this community many years ago and we have enjoyed raising our children in this close-knit, creative and diverse place that we call home. I have watched our small city define its identity, growing from a post-industrial city with economic and social issues in the 1980’s into the multi-faceted and thriving city it is today. The restoration of so many of Hudson’s beautiful and historic buildings has been a pleasure to witness. I am proud to be a part of this fellowship, where residents and business owners share common interests and goals.
Hudson continues to grow in positive ways, attracting new businesses and entrepreneurs every day. It was with this in mind that I decided to pursue the purchase of 551 Warren Street with the idea of creating rental spaces for small businesses. I am currently working with a team of architects and designers to develop spaces that will allow small companies or individuals to work in a creative environment, possibly co-working shared spaces, with high-speed internet and proximity to everything that Hudson has to offer. My hope is that the street level will remain a traditional retail space for one or two tenants.
This is an exciting project for me and underlines my commitment to Hudson and its continued growth and success. I welcome the community’s input and ideas about how best to use the space at 551 Warren Street to best benefi t those who want to make Hudson their home.
The building at 551 Warren Street previously housed Noonan Antiques and Crawford & Associates.

COPYRIGHT 2015 CAROLE OSTERINK

3 comments:

  1. No better person to make this investment. It will ensure that a great many have access to much needed space to work and create. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be super to see the ground floor as one large space for retail as it was originally intended ... hence those magnificent shop windows !

    ReplyDelete