- On Monday, May 13, the Common Council Economic Development Committee meets at 6 p.m. at City Hall. The major topics on the agenda are establishing an Energize NY Open C-PACE program in Hudson to assist commercial properties in funding clean energy projects and discussing next steps now that Hudson has taken the Climate Smart Communities pledge.
- Also on Monday, May 13, the Common Council holds its informal meeting at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall. At this meeting, in addition to receiving communications and introducing resolutions and proposed legislation, the Council will be hearing a presentation by the Conservation Advisory Council of Nature in the City: A Natural Resources and Open Space Inventory, a document the CAC has been working toward since its inception in June 2015. The document is online and can be viewed here.
- On Tuesday, May 14, the Planning Board meets at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall. The meeting begins with a public hearing on Zak Pelaccio and Kevin Pomplun's proposal to reconfigure the outdoor space at BackBar, 347 Warren Street, and introduce "family fun games"--bocce, shuffleboard, and cornhole--in the open space nearest the street.
When the public hearing is concluded, the Planning Board will resume its ongoing review of Stewart's Shops proposed expansion and the Colarusso dock and haul road.
- On Wednesday, May 15, Rachel Kappel, former member of the Board of Assessment Review (BAR), will be making a PowerPoint presentation and answering questions at a meeting called "How to Challenge Your Assessment." The event takes place at 6:00 p.m. at Time & Space Limited, 434 Columbia Street.
- Also on Wednesday, May 15, the Common Council Public Works and Parks Committee meets at 5:15 p.m. at City Hall, and the Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 6:00 p.m., also at City Hall. The ZBA meeting will begin with a public hearing on the request from the FASNY Museum of Firefighting for a use variance and an area variance to enable the construction of a 33,000-square-foot addition to the existing museum building.
COPYRIGHT 2019 CAROLE OSTERINK