In his statement, Johnson enumerated the following actions:
- Public access to the City's administrative offices will be limited. People are asked to conduct business with the City online or by phone. The City Clerk and the Code Enforcement Office will be making special appointments for any necessary "in-person interactions."
- All City employee travel will restricted, and all conferences and workshops will be canceled.
- All nonessential public meetings will be postponed. Common Council meetings will be held, but the meetings of all other boards and commissions will be canceled or postponed.
- The public will not be permitted to attend Common Council meetings. Meetings will be live streamed. Aldermen may attend by electronic means, but the Council president or his designee must attend the meeting in person.
- No large public gatherings may be held. This requirement also applies to houses of worship.