Friday, April 17, 2020

A Wrinkle in Time

MICROPOLITAN DIARY
Dear Diary,
Early this morning, when I had just returned from my dawn foray into ShopRite and was texting a friend to report on conditions there, a reader texted me the image below, with the comment "Interesting article in today's Times Union."
The image was really small on my phone, but I read it hastily. Questions popped into my head. Who made the arrest? Did this really happen in Hudson, or was it in Greenport? Deciding this was something I needed to pursue for Gossips, I sent the image to my computer to get a better look. It was then I realized that my phone had cut off the top and bottom of the image, and I had missed a critical detail.
The involvement of a chauffeur really should have tipped me off.
"Micropolitan Diary" is Gossips' homage to and blatant imitation of "Metropolitan Diary" in the New York Times. The term micropolitan was coined (by Gossips) because Hudson is a metropolis in microcosm.
COPYRIGHT 2020 CAROLE OSTERINK

1 comment:

  1. A tip of a Before Times chauffeur cap for that update!

    ReplyDelete