Addressing the question of when this will be over, Cuomo outlined what he called the "points of resolution over time":
- We are controlling the spread!
- The worst is over.
- We are starting on the path to normalcy.
- Some businesses are opening.
- We have a medical treatment if you become sick.
- We have a proven vaccine to prevent infection.
When asked by New York Times Albany Bureau chief Jesse McKinley if saying the worst was over didn't encourage people to let down their guard, Cuomo said, "The worst can be over, and it is over, unless we do something reckless. . . . The numbers are down because we brought the numbers down."
Cuomo announced that there would be another press briefing at 2:00 p.m., the subject of which he did not disclose.
COPYRIGHT 2020 CAROLE OSTERINK