This week includes Presidents Day, Fat Tuesday, and Ash Wednesday. Weather.com is predicting a week of ice and rain and snow, and that should make us all grateful that city meetings can be accessed on Zoom from the warmth and comfort of our homes.
- Despite it being a national holiday, the Tourism Board is meeting on Monday, February 15, at 7:00 p.m. The meeting is a special meeting with Peter Spear to review the evaluation of the Hudson Shared Streets program and answer questions from the public. The results of the online survey conducted last fall have been organized into a presentation that in intended to inspire a productive community conversation about what the city might do in the spring to support businesses and residents. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
|Photo: Hudson Hall|
- On Tuesday, February 16, the ad hoc committee formed to pursue the topic of sidewalk legislation meets at 5:30 p.m. The two drafts of legislation generated in 2019 can be found here and here. The aldermen who make up this ad hoc committee are John Rosenthal (Fourth Ward), Dominic Merante (Fifth Ward), Eileen Halloran (Fifth Ward), Dewan Sarowar (Second Ward), Tiffany Garriga (Second Ward), and Calvin Lewis (Third Ward). The link to the Zoom meeting should be posted on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting.
- Also on Tuesday, February 16, the regular monthly meeting of the Common Council takes place at 7:00 p.m. The link to the Zoom meeting should be posted on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting.
- On Wednesday, February 17, the Affordable Housing and Development Committee of the Hudson Housing Authority Board of Commissioners meets at 6:00 p.m. to continue its discussion and planning for new public housing in Hudson. The link to the Zoom meeting has not yet been made available.
- Also at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 17, the Zoning Board of Appeals has its regular monthly meeting. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Thursday, February 18, the ad hoc committee tasked with taking up the topic of parking, specifically, it would seem, alternate side of the street overnight parking, meets at 6:00 p.m. The aldermen who make up the committee are Jane Trombley (First Ward), Malachi Walker (Fourth Ward), and Dewan Sarowar (Second Ward). The link to the Zoom meeting will be published on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting.
COPYRIGHT 2021 CAROLE OSTERINK