Today, of course, is Father's Day, but it is also the summer solstice, the longest day of the year. Summer officially begins at 11:32 p.m. tonight. So, for the first week of summer, here's what's happening.
- It seems the Tourism Board has been meeting every Monday recently, but its meeting scheduled for this Monday, June 21, has been canceled.
- The Democratic Primary in Hudson takes place on Tuesday, June 22. The polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. until 9: p.m. The polling places for Hudson are:
- First, Second, and Third Wards--St. Mary's Academy, 301 Allen Street
- Fourth Ward--County Office Building, 401 State Street
- Fifth Ward--Central Fire Station, 77 North Seventh Street
Only registered Democrats can vote in the primary, and for voters in the First, Third, and Fourth wards, there is only one race--the one for city treasurer in which incumbent Heather Campbell is being challenged by Michael Hofmann. In the Second Ward, there are contests both for aldermen and supervisor, and in the Fifth Ward are is a contest for aldermen. To prepare yourself to vote, check out these articles that appeared in the Register-Star:
To prepare further to vote, click here to see a sample ballot.
- At noon on Tuesday, June 22, the Hudson Development Corporation Board of Directors meets at noon. The agenda for the meeting includes an update on the sale of the Montgomery Street property and a strategic plan for the future of HDC. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 22, the Planning Board holds a special meeting. Despite information to the contrary on the City of Hudson website, the subject of the meeting will not be the continuing review of Colarusso's application for conditional use permits. Rather it will focus on the Verizon application to locate communications equipment on Providence Hall, with the aim toward finalizing the decision. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Wednesday, June 23, there are two Common Council ad hoc committee meetings. The Property Committee meets at 5:00 p.m., and the Solar Farm Committee meets at 6:15 p.m. So far, the link for neither meeting has been published on the City of Hudson website, but those links should appear at some point before the meetings begin.
- Also on Wednesday, June 23, the Hudson Housing Authority Tenant Relations Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Friday, June 25, the Historic Preservation Commission holds its second meeting of the month at 10:00 a.m. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.