After a cold and rainy Memorial Day weekend, there are a number of interesting meetings to start off the month of June.
- Today, Tuesday, June 1, the Hudson Development Corporation (HDC) Board of Directors holds a special meeting at noon to consider its two offers on the Montgomery Street property. It is likely that much of the meeting will take place in executive session, but it is possible that some information about the potential buyers may be revealed. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- Also today, Tuesday, June 1, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency (IDA) holds a special meeting at 1:00 p.m. It is expected that at this meeting the IDA will review the financial analysis of the PILOTs sought by the Galvan Foundation for the two buildings proposed for North Seventh Street. The financial analysis compares the cost of the project to the City in foregone taxes to the benefits it offers. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 1, the Conservation Advisory Council holds its regular monthly meeting. The intent to site a solar farm on the capped landfill at the end of North Second Street, made known at last Wednesday's meeting of the Common Council ad hoc committee pursuing the idea of solar farms, will be a topic of discussion. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Wednesday, June 2, the subcommittee of the Hudson Housing Authority Board of Commissioners pursuing development of HHA properties meets at 6:00 p.m. Last week, the group held a town hall meeting with tenants. This week, the subcommittee is likely to discuss what was learned at that meeting and possibly review a draft RFQ (request for qualifications) for the project. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- Also on Wednesday, June 2, at 6:00 p.m., the Common Council ad hoc committee on inclusionary zoning holds its monthly meeting. What is now being considered is a law that would require that 25 percent of the units in any new or substantially renovated building with four or more units be set aside as affordable housing. What is meant by affordable has not yet been defined. The Zoom link to this meeting should be posted on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting.
COPYRIGHT 2021 CAROLE OSTERINK