- On Monday, June 22, the HDC Emergency Business Task Force is scheduled to meet at 3:00 p.m. Click here to join the Zoom meeting. The meeting ID is 884 8032 6330; the password is 658221. This is a weekly meeting, but for the past couple of weeks, it has been canceled. So far, it hasn't been canceled for this week.
Update: It's been confirmed that the HDC Emergency Business Task Force meeting is happening.
- Also on Monday, June 22, the Common Council Fire Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. and the Police Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. Information needed to access the meetings will be made available on the City of Hudson website. (Scroll down to "Public Meetings.") It is likely that the Police Committee meeting will be well attended given the nationwide demands to defund the police.
- On Tuesday, June 23, at sometime during the 7 to 9 a.m. portion of the show, NBC's Today Show will be broadcasting live from Warren and Fifth streets, in front of Nolita's.
- At noon on Tuesday, June 23, the board of the Hudson Development Corporation (HDC) will hold it regular monthly meeting. It is expected that the two candidates who have been recommended to join the board--Peter Schram and Caitlin Hilverman--will participate in the meeting.
- Also on Tuesday, June 23, the Common Council holds a special meeting at 6:00 p.m. to consider the Tourism Board's recommendations for funding. The one recommendation we know about is the funding requested from the Tourism Board for Hudson Shared Summer Streets.
- On Wednesday, June 24, there are two Common Council committee meetings: the Public Works and Parks Committee at 5:30 p.m. and the Legal Committee at 6:15 p.m. The Legal Committee has already moved the proposed new chicken law along to the full Council. The law was placed on the aldermen's desks at their June 16 meeting. Still to be forwarded to the full Council are the law regulating the creation of short-term rental facilities and the law that will address the problem of substandard sidewalks in the city. Information needed to access the meetings will be found on the City of Hudson website on the day of the meetings.
- On Friday, June 26, the Historic Preservation Commission holds its second meeting of the month at 10:00 a.m. Information for accessing the meeting will be found on the City of Hudson website on the day of the meeting.
- Also on Friday, June 26, the Tourism Board will hold a special meeting for the purpose of evaluating grant applications at 5:00 p.m. Information for accessing the meeting will be found on the City of Hudson website on the day of the meeting.